A sexual harassment in front of the TV camera ensures indignation in Italy. After a Football game of Serie A, the journalist Greta Beccaglia was greeted by a man on the Po during her live turns before the Stadium of Employ. The incident threw a pear light on the treatment of women — Just on the weekend, as on Italian football grounds and in the social media players, coaches and also referees with red color in the face on violence against women.
The reporter refunded on Monday evening against the man, which was identified thanks to the TV recordings and surveillance cameras. The police chief of Florence has meanwhile imposed a three-year stadium barrier for the Florence fan. Unfortunately, we know that women are always experiencing such attacks, and they are not recorded by cameras, BECCAGLIA said the news agency Ana. That must not happen.
On the film recordings is to see how the man approaches the journalist when leaving the stadium, spits on his hand — or at least suggesting — the woman then holds and continues on the butt. You can not do that!, The reporter called the man after a brief moment of the shock. Beccaglias Sender Tuscany TV announced that this was not the only incident. The reporter was later addressed by other men.
Possible perpetrator speaks of a joke — and makes everything worse
When a radio station reached and interviewed the supposed perpetrator on Monday night, he said that he had committed a mistake that he was sorry and that it was actually intended as a joke. He had been frustrated because of the 1: 2 defeat of his AC Florence, did not talk to anyone and just want to go to his car. To portray such a bad harassment as a joke, means that he did not understand what happened here, said Beccaglia. This is an impossible comment and makes everything worse.
The 27-year-old explained that they do not compete with an apology. She wanted to lead a court’s process against the man: Justice must take their course and determine that this shaming behavior is wrong.
Studio moderator is not used after inappropriate saying for the time being
The reporter said that they received countless news and experienced a lot of solidarity in the hours and days after the incident. Political parties, journalism associations and clubs condemned the case sharply. The studio moderator of the football broadcast also fierce in the criticism: this had the deed in the live broadcast first with the comment rule not on discontinued.
He said the news agency Andirons, he wanted to support his colleague so that they do not take care of the provocation and even worse. I did not want to accommodate the incident. Nevertheless, the station announced that the moderator will not be used for the time being. Based on the commentary, the former Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte at Twitter wrote: We should make it clear that we all have to get up.